Statements to fetch current username and schema

From: GIMME <gimme_this_gimme_that_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 12:20:18 -0700

Question :

  1. Is there a select statment which returns the value of the current schema? (I have the statement that changes the current schema, I need the statement which returns the value of the current schema.)

Similary,

2. Is there a select statement which returns the current username?

Background ...

I'm developing a java-jdbc application that connects to the database as user A and fetches user B's username/password information from a database table.

Later all database connections come from user B. But the application is behaving as if it is connected to the schema associated with user A.

I've used an executeUpdate statement to "change" the schema of user B to that for user B, but the application still is behaving as if it is connect to schema A.

Thanks Received on Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:20:18 CDT