Re: Oracle security alert #66 - new information available

From: Norman Dunbar <norman.dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 08:43:30 -0700

Pete Finnigan <plsql_at_petefinnigan.com> wrote in message news:<5zmSWlAIhkhARx+R_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>...
> Hi Norm,
>
> sounds like you had a good break!

I sure did. There were no TVs, no Radios, no Computers, no newspapers, no nothing - except a few Italians and Slavic's who had mobile phones - but they stayed at the far end of the island, so we weren't bothered. We didn't even know (or care - still don't actually) about the 'Beckahm scandal' - joy !

<SNIP>

> ... he probably loaded a copy of webcached on his own
> system and ran (on Solaris) truss to see what the daemon loaded as it
> starts up. <SNIP>

Aha ! The penny drops, I'm obviously not sneaky enough !

<SNIP>

> Glad you got 10g up and running on mandrake 10 - maybe you can now claim
> Howards Denis prize if of course you can script it all..:-)

The though had already crossed my mind and I can think of a good way to do it - with no user intervention. I just don't have a clue *how* to do it.

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Wed Apr 21 2004 - 10:43:30 CDT