Re: Oracle 10g and Oracle 9iR2 together on a SuSE 9.0 Linux Server is that working?

From: DJ <nospamplease_at_goaway.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:11:13 +0100

<igse_at_bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:1082125225.552190_at_ftpgate...
> We have a productive installed site of Oracle 9iR2 on a SuSE 9.0 Intel
> Server.
>
> We heared that Oracle 10g is much faster and we really need this
performance
> improvement urgently.
>
> 1. Did anyone have already Oracle 10g installed on a Linux SuSE 9.0
> Server? If yes does it really perform much better?
> 2. Did anyone install Oracle 10g and Oracle 9IR2 on the same maschine?
> What Problems do I have to expect?
>
> Any constructive comments are welcome
> Maximilian
> igse_at_bluewin.ch

a crap program will run pretty crap on any version - maybe slightly less crap on 10g

why not fix the app so it goes fater and eprforms better

also Suse is not supported, so you wont get much help for it.

but yes you can have as many versions of oracle as you want on a server Received on Fri Apr 16 2004 - 13:11:13 CDT