Re: ORA-12154 Error using ODBC on Win2k

From: Warren Wright <warren.wright_at_us.scorex.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2004 06:52:13 -0700

Thanks Randy. I just tried this, and found that I still get the same error message. Further, if I modify my client code to include "DBQ=CSDWORLD" or "DBQ=CSDWORLD.ena.us.exeperian.local" it has no effect.

Obviously the tns entry is effective, as when I test it from the ODBC setup in Administrative Tools for Win2k I successfully connect to the server, and can see in the network/log/listener.log (on the server) where it has connected.

Do I need a listener of any kind on the client machine to help my C++ application find the local tns entry when it uses ODBC?

It just seems like everything is already set up as it logically should work, but then again I'm fairly new to Oracle, so any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Warren Wright
Dallas