Database Conectivity

From: MadUNIX <madunix_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:49:37 +0300

I have asked some of the ISP in my country to host our web. The web will include an application with 2 areas: the public area & the members’ area.
Public Information will be:
Information such as News, Events Databases, etc., which will be hosted at ISP, and we will have the ability to update them through the administration area. Public users will be able to search by categories, Member name and type Users will be able to search the statistical data by Data type, year, bonds or stocks and month for the current year. Members will be able to register online. Members will be able to view information regarding the Ownership from database
Memebers will access the info which are aloocated on our main server.
Main server is based on Oracle RAC running AIX5.1

Can any one help me with the following

1- describe the requirement Hardware/Software on both sides
2- specify database connectivity,
3- Do we need a dedicated server hosting option, including firewall hardware
and/or software option.
4- should we go for .NET or other

Thanks Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 01:49:37 CDT