dynamic tablename with %rowtype

From: Sri <kool_sri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2004 22:17:55 -0700

how to handle a situation where i wnt a variable of type ref cursor.

TYPE refCur IS REF CURSOR;
rc refCur;

myRow rc%rowtype; -- How can I make this work???

The whole problem is that only on run time I am able to know the table on which i have to work. So I have created a Ref Cursor

BEGIN
 sqlStmt := 'select * from ' || mytable; -- mytable is stored in one of the table in the database. depending on the parameter passed to the proc the table name is retrived.

 OPEN rc FOR sqlStmt;
 LOOP
   FETCH rc into myRow; -- ??? I want to fetch the data from the cursor in a rowtype of the table - mytable. how to handle this situation.

 END LOOP;
END; please guide me... as to how can i make a variable of my cursor rowtype. i am in urgent need of a solution asap. thanks

Sri Received on Tue Apr 13 2004 - 00:17:55 CDT