Re: FTP and Email via pure SPAM SPAM SPAM

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:52:12 -0700

WiseGuy wrote:
> How the heck is it spam.... I spent almost a year building the
> packages and researched everywhere and nobody had a full fledged
> working solution...
>
> Now I have something that works... and I am saving you hours if not
> weeks or months of work... and giving it away for free....

Where?

You are asking us to support your web site, to bring you traffic, that is not something for free ....

As stated in this usenet group before ... giving something away for free does not insulate what you are doing from being spam. And anytime this group disagrees with that then please explain why it is that those posting job ads (they are offering money) are asked to do so in c.d.o.marketplace.

 From where I sit what you did was a transparent attempt to skirt the rules. And why? Do you think we don't read every posting at c.d.o.marketplace? Do you think posting there is less valuable? Why not just comply with the wishes of the group and post in the appropriate place? Why the big deal?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu