Re: What is the problem with my standby database step?

From: Officer <raboasia_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:47:10 +0800

> > HOW COME it try to search thread 1 sequence no 9? it should try to start
> > from 37 right?
>
> They are out of synchronization. You need to copy over archived logs
> to the archive location and recover automatic on the standby db before
> putting it into managed standby mode. Try a log switch just before
> the shutdown/copy, although I think this is really just a bug. In
> general, you want to keep some number of archived logs around from
> before a given backup.

I have issued alter system checkpoint global /switch logfile before i shutdown and make a copy to standby path.

But always it request "thread 1 sequence no 9" which is i do not have it anymore because i have deleted.

The dbsB which is my standby database was a stand alone database with their own datafile. When i check using archive log list before i convert this instance into my standby database , it shows sequens 489*.

It means my setup (copy stanydby control file and data file from primary to secondary) is partly correct.

Any ideas Expert? Received on Sun Apr 11 2004 - 22:47:10 CDT