Report Builder PDF

From: ThomasK <tkeegan_at_glanbia.ie>
Date: 9 Apr 2004 05:51:15 -0700

Two queries on oracle Report Builder 9.0.2.1.1

  1. is it possible to create several reports from the one query? At the moment I run a report to create a PDF report for one option, I shut down the report, and run the report again to create a PDF with another name. Is it possible that while report builder is running to close the first PDF and open a new PDF with another name?
  2. is it possible to create a PDF report and save it straight to the database? My aim is to create a PDF report and store it as a BLOB on a table. I have this as a two-step process at the moment. A report creates the PDF file on the operating system. Afterwhich a piece of pl/sql reads this PDF and saves it in a BLOB column on the database. Is it possible to replace two steps with one step?