What is the problem with my standby database step?

From: Officer <raboasia_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:49:55 +0800

I want to setup standby database which reside on the same host with my primary database
-dbSA is my primary and dbSB is my standby database.

I select v$log as follows:
SVRMGR> select thread#,sequence#,archived,status from v$log; THREAD# SEQUENCE# ARC STATUS
---------- ---------- --- ----------------

         1         35 YES INACTIVE
         1         36 YES INACTIVE
         1         37 NO  CURRENT

3 rows selected.
SVRMGR> I continue to do the next step:
-i shutdown dbSA and copy all datafile to the standby path
-copy parameter file from dbSA to the dbSB and modify it with the necessary
changes.
-startup dbSA and create standby control file.

When i login to dbSB and see archive log list, it produce as follows:

Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled

Archive destination
/software/oracle_817/app/oracle/admin/dbSB/arch Oldest online log sequence 35
Next log sequence to archive 37
Current log sequence 37

The problem now it seems that my standby database can not archive log file correctly. When i see my alert.log file, it produce following log:

Successful mount of redo thread 1, with mount id 1659962364. Thu Apr 8 11:52:28 2004
Standby Database mounted.
Completed: alter database mount standby database Thu Apr 8 11:52:49 2004
ALTER DATABASE RECOVER managed standby database Thu Apr 8 11:52:49 2004
Media Recovery Start: Managed Standby Recovery Media Recovery Log
Media Recovery Waiting for thread 1 seq# 9

HOW COME it try to search thread 1 sequence no 9? it should try to start from 37 right?

Any feedback is appreciated.

mike Received on Thu Apr 08 2004 - 01:49:55 CDT