Re: ORA-04031 shared memory

From: Lars <lrebyc_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 6 Apr 2004 00:49:25 -0700

> Typical case of shared pool fragmentation. The requested 4200 bytes
> are available, but not contiguously.
> There is a note up on Metalink with a query to determine whether
> increasing shared_pool_reserved_siz_min_alloc will help.
> Guess you will end up increasing the shared pool.
> Shared pool fragmentation is usually caused by not using bind
> variables in sql statements.

ok, but i used the followning query, for getting info about problems with memory handling:

SELECT free_space, avg_free_size, used_space,

       avg_used_size, request_failures, last_failure_size FROM v$shared_pool_reserved;

Results in:
FREE_SPACE AVG_FREE_SIZE USED_SPACE AVG_USED_SIZE REQUEST_FAILURES LAST_FAILURE_SIZE

   2621440       2621440          0             0                0                 0

The most sql stuff is organized within an pl/sql-package with variables, there should be no problems with bind variables. additionally I am using a lot of sequences.

Thanks,

Lars Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 02:49:25 CDT