Re: Schedule a flush shared pool

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:14:55 +0100

"Ed Zeppelin" <fhnfhn_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ug7cc.36298$zm5.15252_at_nntpserver.swip.net...
> I have a customer that claims he must do this in order to get proper
> testresults. He's very persistent and I think the easiest way for me is to
> let him do what he wants :-).

Seems somewhat bizarre, if it is a test then an alter system command can be put in at the start of each run, and I'd suggest that startup force would also ensure that the sga was in a consistent mode as well if they are really concerned about 'proper' test results. It might also be worth pointing out that proper in this case can also be referred to as 'unrealistic'. If as others have suggested 4031 is appearing frequently then this is band-aid which is not without use is staunching the pain but isn't a treatment for the condition.

whatever happened to averaging results over n test runs?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA