Re: Need advice on web host

From: Teresa Redmond <XKEAAGIPVIEZ_at_spammotel.co>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:31:26 GMT

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:00:57 -0800, in comp.databases.oracle.misc, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> scribbled:

>I'm not offended by your post ... as it was responsive. But I
>would really hope you quote this morons a price so high they

We are finding that the price of changing is definitely going to be much higher than leaving things alone. Of course, at this time, we are trying to justify the database for its own purpose. The customer doesn't know what it's for, and if he doesn't think the world will collapse if it's gone, he'll get rid of it. Which will be VERY bad, AFAIC. But then, I just work on the database, I don't know what the data does or what the people who use it do with it. My partner knows that part, so it's up to him to explain how the world will collapse if the database goes away. I don't envy him at *all*.

And no, this is not directly related to national security. :-)

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst III