Re: differences between RAC and OPS, and other questions.

From: Cristian <crengo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2004 03:12:51 -0700

OK,

   I have to agree with you, my post was not very clear. Let's make things clearer:

> > 2) How do the system relocate a database istance?
>
> Your question is unclear.

I think that when we talk about RAC we are referring to solutions, implemented on cluster hardware, where a cluster-service represents an Oracle-Service,this service can be stopped in a node e started in another (thus: relocated). What happens to the listeners? Do I need to configure 1 listener for each node? Maybe is it better to define another cluster-service to represent the listener?

> > 3) How do listeners interact with a db instance in a RAC?
>
> The same way they do in any other Oracle installation. They
> point to an instance.

I was trying to understand how does an external application point to the DB. If I have a 2 nodes cluster with Oracle RAC installed, how should I configure the listener (listeners?) ?

I hope I have been clearer (... maybe I need to study more profoundly!!).
Thanks,

Cristian Received on Mon Apr 05 2004 - 05:12:51 CDT