Re: using the Backup Exec 9.1 service Oracle 9.2.0.3 (Win 2k) doesn't start anymore

From: Steve <smontgomerie_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2004 20:30:17 -0700

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0404020211.4aec5dd1_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone seen this before? At this point I have no other info than 'it
> doesn't work'. I have been unable yet to sort out what is going on, as
> the machine, prepared by Oracle India (as that was cheaper for Oracle
> Netherlands, servicing a Dutch customer) is a real mess.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Don't you have to buy the plug-in for Oracle to make this work? We take RMAN backups disk and then have NT admins grab those backupsets. I few times they outsmarted themselves and tried to backup the whole array which locked control files and terminated the instance but they were not using the Oracle plug in of course Received on Sun Apr 04 2004 - 22:30:17 CDT