Invalid char in text error

From: Marek <nospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 23:40:32 +0200

Hi all,
we use 8i and xmlparser package.

Here is the code:

declare
  p xmlparser.parser;
  pClob CLOB;
  sStr varchar2(1000);
begin

   dbms_lob.createtemporary(pClob, TRUE );    sStr := '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1250"?><test>±êæ</test>';    dbms_lob.WRITE(pClob, Length(sStr), 1, sStr);    p := xmlparser.newParser;
   xmlparser.setValidationMode(p, FALSE);    xmlparser.parseCLOB(p, pCLob);
end;

and we've got the "invalid char in text" message on xmlparser.parseCLOB(p, pCLob) line.

yes... we need to parse some Polish characters, and they are stored in clob variable. We noticed that encoding doesn't make a difference, but what is strange, some character can be parsed and some not. It seems to be a problem with parseCLOB method - when parseBuffer(p, sStr) is used - it is OK (but we need CLOB).

Do you have any idea - is it a problem with this version of DB or a parser, or is it a clob issue?
I will appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance! - Marek Jankowski Received on Thu Apr 01 2004 - 15:40:32 CST