Re: telnet to listener

From: Rocky <PerlGuRu2b_at_bobotheclown.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:21:32 GMT

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:57:18 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote: I am using Whats up gold to monitor my oracle DB's (I am a sysadmin not a DBA) and the problem with monitoring the listener or port is that sometimes the listener is up, but the DB is down. What's Up Gold has an ascii socket interface that I can send a string through. It emulates telnet, hence the telnet question. Sorry, perhaps I should have explained that to begin with.
Rocky