Oracle DBA query

From: Prabal <prabalmys_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2004 08:35:16 -0800

Hi,

  This message has to do with the job responsibilities and challenges faced by an Oracle DBA. I want to pursue for Oracle DBA certification. I have a BS degree in Computer Science and a working knowledge of C and C++ on Unix environment. I want to get certified and work as an Oracle DBA. It may sound weird considering my background. But has anyone done this? Is it worth going for certification? Are Oracle DBAs busy with their jobs all the time? I hear that these guys are the highest paid in the IT industry? Is it true? Can anyone highlight the challenges a DBA faces? How about job security? Are DBAs in the age group of 25-40? What after then? Will a Solaris certification benefit along with it? Too many queries.

Bye
Prabal Received on Mon Mar 29 2004 - 10:35:16 CST