Re: PL/SQL output formatting

From: Ubiquitous <weberm_at_polaris.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:49:06 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote:
: Mark C. Stock wrote:

:> you're experiencing sql*plus being over-zealous in stripping leading blanks
:> you will not see the same behavior in all other tools, for instance toad
:> in sql*plus, i believe you'll need to use a leading non-space to prevent
:> this behavior -- unless there's a setting that i've not yet run across ;-)
:
: This is causes by the word wrapping process in SQL*Plus. Switch to
: standard wrapping and it will work fine ...
:
: set serveroutput on size 1000000 format wrapped

I use DBMS_OUTPUT.enable(1000000) because it complains about SET SERVEROUTPUT when I invoke the PL/SQL script via a UNIX shell script. Is there an unlisted parameter to what I'm using?   Received on Mon Mar 29 2004 - 07:49:06 CST