Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:26:49 -0800

Ron wrote:
> I found an interesting article by Karen Southwick about Oracle's
> supposed "murky" (in her own words) future. Can someone counter her
> arguments.
>
> http://news.com.com/2010-1071-5072299.html
>
> Should I select Oracle or should I go with
>
> PostgreSQL.com (free and in my opinion, extremely reliable), MYSQL, MS
> SQL Server or DB2?
>
> Thanks!

Irrelevant nonsense crossposted to multiple usenet groups for the sole purpose of being a troll.

Not one of the list of products is capable of something as basic to Oracle as partitioning. I'd like to see the day when 1.5 peta is loaded into any of them: Oracle currently supports two such databases.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu