partitioned data

From: Cupofjava1961 <cupofjava1961_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2004 21:44:00 GMT

I need some help with the following command:

alter table sales_detail_data exchange partition sales_q1_99

with table sales_quarter_99 excluding indexes;

My question is am I moving data from the partition sales_q1_99 into the table sales_quarter_99
or
am I moving the data in the table sales_quarter_99 into the partition sales_q1_99 ?
In which direction does this command work?

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Mar 28 2004 - 15:44:00 CST