Re: [ORACLE FORMS] Text Item

From: Tiago Rocha <please.see.link.at.signature.for.email.address_at_zaz.com.br>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:28:53 -0300

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:05:31 +0100, "ben" <sentenza9_at_free.fr> wrote:

>To try I set the 'Allow Update' property of all text-items to 'Yes' but
>nothing append.

Have you set this property at block level?

Check "insert allowed" property at block level. It should be true. Even if "update allowed" is true at block level, Forms 6i needs "insert allowed" to be true to allow changes in fields of not table based blocks. I don't know why (bug? Or there is something I don't undestand here, because these settings works like they should when a block is based on a table). If you don't want an item to be inserted on this block, you'll have to control manually, check "when-new-record-instance" trigger at block level... My personal opinion is that forms works better if the block is table based. Non table-based blocks are hard to manage, so, if you have an update, let forms do it, make the block table based...

Hope I'm clear, my english also isn't the best one of the world.... ;-)

>Thank you.

Good luck.

--
Tiago Rocha