Re: Use for CREATE DIMENSION in O10g?

From: John Haskins <donoteventrytospamme_at_thisaddress.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:52:38 -0800

Aha, thanks. So would this be a fair summary: by suggesting to the CBO where a more-granular materialized view can be rolled up into larger grains, it saves storage space at the possible expense of some processing speed? (Since the granular materialized view's data will need to be summed in real time to, for instance, present quarterly subtotals instead of monthly.

Appreciate you sticking with this.