Question regardin replacing the value in a column

From: Praveen <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:34:47 GMT

Hi..All,

    DB : Oracle 8i

I have a column in a table which is of type varchar. It can contain characters like &, <, > etc along with all other characters.

now, I want to replace them with some other characters when I select the column

& to &amp;
<  to &lt;

> to &gt;

for eg if the column had the value <pass & fail>

when I execute the SQL
select column from table; I should get &lt;pass &amp; fail&gt;

I do I write one single SQL to achieve this.

Regards,

P Received on Thu Mar 25 2004 - 22:34:47 CST