Have host (Tnsname), need Machine:Port:Sid in PL/SQL ?

From: Christof Kaiser <kaiser_at_logiball.de_no_spam>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:07:46 +0100

Hello,

I am looking for a way to get the Machine, Port and SID in PL/SQL when I only have the host (as it is in the TNSNAMES).

eg I have MYHOST
and need
MYMACHINE, MYPORT (eg 1521), MYSID

I am pretty sure there is some kind if V$ view or pl/sql mechanism which represents the contents from the tnsnames.ora. But how is it named?

I searched for some hours, but no luck.

tia
Christof Received on Thu Mar 25 2004 - 05:07:46 CST