SQL Hints

From: Marek Babski <user72_at_go2.pl>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 05:32:17 -0800

I am preparing myself to talk for a new job. I have a question about SQL hints. In the only documentation I can find about it I see:

select /*+ ordered use_hash (emp, dept) use_nl (sal, bon) */ from emp, dept, sal,bon where . . .

  1. Can anyone explain me in example what use_hash (emp, dept) is
  2. what is the difference in use_hash (emp, dept) and use_hash (dept, emp) - please explain in example
  3. use_nl (nested loop - what it is in example)

Sincerly yours Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 07:32:17 CST