Re: Standby DB & New Datafile

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 17:14:14 -0800

"Mill" <mill.h_at_ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<SpW5c.59$%G5.1_at_newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net>...
> Hi
>
> We run oracle 8i on w2k server at our site we have a production db & standby
> db,
> I have recently created a new datafile on the production system do i need to
> create the
> same on the standby machine or will it automatically create the file from
> the archive logs ?
>
> I presume i can't just create the same file on the standby db as it's only
> ever open
> in read only mode !
>
> Regards
>
> Mill.

The Oracle8i Standby Concepts Guide has a section entitled Adding Tablespaces or Datafiles to the Primary Database.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A81042_01/DOC/server.816/a76995/standbym.htm#27178

jg

--
@home.com is bogus. "He is a sex-abuse survivor, an alcoholic, a
cocaine addict and "a pawn in a racial game." He is also bipolar,