Re: Oracle Certification

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:11:38 GMT

Ryan wrote:

> those certification classes are very expensive. If you are going to take
> those classes in hopes of getting your first job it's a waste of money.
> They charge $10,000 sometimes for those classes and noone will hire an
> entry level person with certification. The entry level market is gone.

<Sigh>

OP asked for Bootcamp or Courses. We are assuming, based on subject header (and with no other verification), that Certification is the goal.

> Your best bet is to:
>
> 1. Get the sybex books online
> 2. get the selftest software to study from.

If Certification is the goal.

> If you have no experience, then this is a waste of time. There are no
> entry level jobs. If you have experience and just want to add to your
> resume, go for it. You don't need training anyway. You can do it on your
> own. I am certified, but I did it on my own and I think it will help in
> the long run, but it hasn't yet. I did learn a few things I wouldn't have
> if I didn't do it.

The mid-skill market is getting crowded. I suspect that the HR people are going to be cherry-picking the candidates, and then Certification will (unfortunately) be important.

/Hans Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 17:11:38 CST