Re: Trigger Code

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:06:34 -0500

"Redd" <javatek?@usa.com> wrote in message news:NKX7c.14$gZ3.12_at_bignews3.bellsouth.net...

| > What you appear to want is for someone to do your school work for you.
| > Hopefully no one will.
| >
| > If you want to see examples go to:
| > http://www.psoug.org/reference/library.html
|
| Well it looks like a bad question I asked from the beginning since
| Oracle has probelms with triggers that fire on update with a
| trigger that includes an update which causes the trigger to
| fire again. I checked your examples and did not see any update
| triggers. So am I right in thinking that this type of trigger will
| not work in Oracle.

???

i supplied an explicit example in my 3/21 post

why are you assuming there's a problem with oracle update triggers?

and why would you expect an update trigger that does further updates to not cause additional triggers to fire? if they didn't, you'd have to recode the same logic (or explicitly invoke it) from multiple places?

unfortunately, you've gotten a lot of unnecessary flack in response to your original question, along with a few good suggestions on interviewing DBAs -- but sticking strictly to the technical issues, i think you've reached a faulty conclusion.

;-{ mcs Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 10:06:34 CST