Re: Oracle Certification

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:52:25 GMT

lark wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> first off, I apologize if i am posting to the wrong group.
> can anyone of you help me find a a decent bootcamp or training camp
> provider for oracle dba type of training?

You are not in the wrong group.

However, you will get a number of very stupid answers. For example, one instructor at a Western US based University will insist that Oracle Certification is a waste of time and money and go no further ... he is reacting to your header and not bothering to read your question. On this point he insists on spouting steam but has not provided any suitable alternative ... his class has limited enrollment and seems to be full for the next 35 years so even THAT is not an alternative. (Other than this point, I have a lot of respect for him!)

There have been a number of problems with Oracle Certification, not the least being historically some curriculum (especially self study) and some exams have had some errors. The anti-certification group will lead you to believe that all the exams (even all questions) are in error and all the courses and instructors are bad.

That BS out of the way - there are several places you can get decent training. One place is through Oracle Education (http://education.oracle.com) with their online library as well as instructor led courses. Relevant training sources from Oracle and Oracle partners are available from the same Education site.

My suggestions are as follows:

By the way - the 'comp.database.oracle' heirarchy is fairly dead - you want the 'comp.databases.oracle' (s at the end of databases) and specifically the 'comp.databases.oracle.misc'

HTH
/Hans Received on Mon Mar 22 2004 - 22:52:25 CST