Quiick 9i sqlplus shutdown question

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:03:33 GMT

If I start sqlplus in 9i on windows and have NOT set an ORACLE_SID env var beforehand, then enter:

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected
SQL> shutdown

How does Oracle determine which instance to shut down? Or, I guess the better question is, how does it determine which to connect to if I don't tell it? Received on Mon Mar 22 2004 - 18:03:33 CST