Getting points out of oracle spatial...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:23:15 +0100

Hi!
I had a look at oracle spatial and I'm pretty sure I can now get the figures in. But how can I get them out again?
sqlplus basically returns the SDO_...string but what I'd like to do is something like
select a.x a.y from (SDO_GEOM.SDO_INTERSECTION(...)) a;

The only way I've found yet is the SDO_UTIL.GETVERTICES-function. This returns points all right, but how do I know whether it's an arc or not? And what is the "w" column?

Lots of Greetings and thanks!
Volker Received on Mon Mar 22 2004 - 07:23:15 CST