Re: Trigger Code

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:50:18 -0800

Redd wrote:

> I have to admit that Oracle newsgroups and Oracle professionals as a
> whole seem to guard their knowledge like it's some sort of secret
> society of the Oracle Masonic Order.
> And everday MS SQL Server eats away at Oracle's market share.

<uncensored>
Apparently you have an inability to read. An attribute often found in those that worship at the feet of the great monopolist.

Guarding knowledge? Click on this link:
http://www.psoug.org/reference/library.html Yep ... I've spent literally thousands of hours putting together a library of demos for people that can read? And just this weekend taught two workshops for free to those that were willing to invest their time in continuing education.

Now go to http://asktom.oracle.com. Tom Kyte has spent 10X nay 1000X the time I have helping people.

And if you clicked on the PSOUG links page (http://www.psoug.org/links.html) you can find many many more that purely for the joy of helping others have posted tutorials and demos.

Then there is the copious documentation posted at:

http://tahiti.oracle.com
http://otn.oracle.com
http://docs.oracle.com

Please accept my apology if all of this won't help you. I guess with the dumbing down of America and students expecting more and more of their curricula to be spoon fed to them ... MS SQL Server is the product of choice for the masses. </uncensored>

It is said that 'god helps those that help themselves' ... so do we.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu