Re: Trigger Code

From: Jim McMahon <jp_mcmahon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:02:46 GMT

"Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote:

>good observations, some comments in line

<snip>

>this is one of those little gotcha's -- in the WHEN clause, you don't use
>the colon -- but as you note, i too wouldn't expect a dba to have this
>syntax anamoly memorized, i'd except the dba to be able to diagnose the
>compilation error

I didn't realize that ... thanks.

>yep -- i think both of us would have been filtered out, sinced i got the
>syntax wrong in my first build of the sample, and you forgot the when clause
>anomoly -- and we are both _highly_ qualified, no? ;-)

I'm sure you're highly qualified. Myself, I'm just a generic applications programmer with some years of experience ... I wouldn't dream of applying for a DBA job unless it was a training position.

Being ordinary and nothing special is a full-time job. jp_mcmahon_at_hotmail.com (Jim McMahon in real life) Received on Sun Mar 21 2004 - 15:02:46 CST