Like clause in store procedure

From: Jawahar Rajan <jrajan_at_nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:16:21 GMT

All,
 I have a stored procedure that return a Ref Cursor The SQL in the procedure is

Procedure getPatName(in_name IN Varchar2, retCursor OUT patCursor) Is
Begin
Open retCursor For

    SELECT NAME, weight
    FROM patient
    WHERE patient_name like = in_name;

End getPatName;

I have defined patCursor in the spec of the package of which getPatName is a part of

This procedure does return any rows despite the data being present I am assuming the SQL using like is not correct. How can I build a SQL in a procedure using LIKE - is the above correct?

Jawahar Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 21:16:21 CST