Re: Full text search in oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:37:44 -0800

Debu Das wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> Does Oracle have any Full text search functionality equivalent of SQL
> server?
> IF so, What components needs to be installed?
> And How is the Full text search implemnted in Oracle? I meant to say
> how to use it in the stored procedure?
>
> Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Debu

Oracle has nothing equivalent to the Microsoft product because that would be too lacking in functionality. The Oracle capabilities go lightyears beyond the SQL Server "equivalent."

For more information go to http://otn.oracle.com and look up "Oracle Text." This link should get you started:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/text/pdf/text_features_overview.pdf

--
Daniel Morgan