Re: Downloaded release and limitations

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:23:24 GMT

"News" <laurentfb_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c3bnk2$9hk$1_at_s1.read.news.oleane.net...
> Hello,
>
> I'm downloading the release 2 Enterprise Editionfor Windows 2000 of
Oracle9i
> Database at this address :
> http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/winsoft.html.
> My questions concerns the limitations in use of this software.
> I mean :
> - is it a limited version ?
> - i will buy it soon, will I have to upgrade it, reinstall it or enter
> key number when I'll receive my licensed CD ? If I install a database on
it,
> will I have to re-install the whole application ?
> - any other limitation ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Laurent.

Laurent,

That version is a fully featured database which you are allowed to trial for thirty (30) days before purchase. Once you have a licence you can use it for production use with the features that you have purchased a licence for. Unless you are removing features because of licence restrictions, you will have no need to uninstall and reinstall the product. There is no key number to activate the software. If you want the patches, you will need to purchase a support contract along with your licence. I suggest that you confirm this with the online Oracle licence or ring your friendly Oracle sales rep.

Douglas Hawthorne

P.S. At this stage, France is not on the list of countries to which export of said software is prohibited. :() Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 03:23:24 CST