Re: Multi Threaded server not working for many inserts?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 22:01:02 -0800

andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote

> >> This doesn't happen a lot, but seems to
> >> happen plenty when the application control-c's the session (e.g. see
> >> bug 2334868) or uabruptly disconnects.
> >
> >There is no bug listed on Metalink with that bug id.
> >
> I don't come up with this stuff:
> >http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=2334868.8

Ah.. so the bug id is 2334868.8 and not 2334868 as you at first stated.

> Note, that the bugs were around since version 8, but were only fixed
> in 10g (first), or 9i release 2, which is why I say Oracle neglects
> MTS.
There are many bugs that are re-introduced into new releases. That is not because Oracle neglects a specific product feature, but because of the complexity of the product development cycle and the lack of 100% proof change and management control. Which is btw true of all software development projects.

> Dedicated server is definetely more stable. MTS is also not good for
> transactions beyond a few secs.

Can you please back up that statement and give me something to go on? Or are you shooting from the hip?

My experience with MTS is very different. Which is why I would like to know what your's are..

> I think dedicated up to 1000 users is
> fine, provided you have enough memory and the users are not very
> active (every second).

You also think that running 30+ instances on a single platform is also okay?

--
Billy