dsn less connection

From: Michael Hill <hillmw_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:17:33 -0600

I have this vba code that connects to an oracle like:

oConn.Open "Driver={Oracle ODBC Driver};" & _

"ConnectString=MYSERVER;" & _
"Uid=myUsername;" & _
"Pwd=myPassword"
When I passed it out to some users it errored out because "MYSERVER" was not in their tnsnames.ora file.

How do I specify a dsn string where all this information is contained in the connection?

Mike Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:17:33 CST