PL/SQL Help (UTL_FILE)

From: Jay <jayanes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 06:35:34 -0800

Hi All,

Suppose I have cursor called EMP (multiple fields) and record is defined as

EMP_REC EMP%ROWTYPE; Is it possible to use UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(file1, EMP_REC) ?

Also if I were to concatenate fields by ||, how can I keep a fixed width format(including whitespaces in the fields ) in the output? I meant to say
if I do fname || lname, I want the output

John       Saxon
Kelly      Mitchell

Patricia Hall

rather than

JohnSaxon
KellyMitchell
PatriciaHall

THANKS A LOT! J Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 08:35:34 CST