Problems installing Oracle9i on Fedora (256 RAM)

From: Darius <dmedhora_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 03:47:16 -0800

HI everyone,

First of all, is there any way I can install Oracle9i MANUALLY on Fedora Core 1,
instead of using the Oracle Installer?

Next, I tried installing Oracle9i on Fedora using ALL instructions from oracle-base.com and puschitz.com's articles and I tried about 20 times. It worked just once.

But after it worked once, I tried reinstalling because in the excitement of having gone so far as seeing 'Install successfull', I ignored any
installation errors. So, I forgot to re-edit the ctx make file and just ignored
all errors.

I have only 256 Megs RAM and 2 Gigs of Swap! (software only option)

I just cannot get the installer to install. It crashes all the time creating hs error pid log files..Is it the less RAM causing problems??

And is it ok if I even accidently ignore the ins_oemagent.mk errors, and it installs fine thereafter? ( Which only happened once in 20 times that I got so far)

Please help! awaiting your reply,Thanks!

Terms Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 05:47:16 CST