Standby DB & New Datafile

From: Mill <mill.h_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:09:48 -0000

Hi

We run oracle 8i on w2k server at our site we have a production db & standby db,
I have recently created a new datafile on the production system do i need to create the
same on the standby machine or will it automatically create the file from the archive logs ?

I presume i can't just create the same file on the standby db as it's only ever open
in read only mode !

Regards

Mill. Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 05:09:48 CST