Re: Multi Threaded server not working for many inserts?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:49:36 GMT

I wish I had your experience.
Unfortunately our app doesn't do connection pooling and we are forced to use MTS. When you have sessions stuck in 'virtual circuit wait', or servers are stuck in WAIT(RESET) state is when I am forced killing both sessions and servers. This doesn't happen a lot, but seems to happen plenty when the application control-c's the session (e.g. see bug 2334868) or uabruptly disconnects. I didn't apply the patch yet, and hopefully it'll fix some problems, but I doubt it'll fix all. I don't have the bug # for the 60 second hang, since they fixed it a long time ago, but we were forced to write a script to 'wake up'.

I think MTS is not that widely used, therefore it doesn't get enough attention from Oracle. Things are complicated further on our site by having to use db-links over MTS as well.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:14:18 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:52:07 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net
>(NetComrade) wrote:
>
>>Actually, MTS is buggy.
>
>Not my experience, so your claim seems to be unfounded.
>
>--
>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:49:36 CST