Re: ip address of the instance?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:15:42 -0800

Dom wrote:

> Lighten up will you!
> It's a test database, but I need to know if it is assigned a different
> ip. I agree that all development and production databases should have a
> fixed ip, but an experimental database can be more flexible.

There is on excuse for what you are doing and no one should help you do it.

This is not about lightening up. This is about following 'best practices'. And you are not.

Rather than asking Sybrand to lighten up you should be looking in the mirror and asking yourself why you are trying to do this at all?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu