Oracle DB licensing on HA

From: Gerold Krommer <g.krommer_at_doremove.fns.co.at>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:05:20 +0100

Sorry, if this is either a FAQ or beaten to death elswhere, but I looked on google and on metalink and couldn't find anything.

How does Oracle handle licensing in HA environments? We have a customer, which has HPUX/HACMP as well as Wintel/MS Cluster.

Both are clusters where there is *no* parallel server, but Oracle is running on one node only. The other node is idle. If failover occurs, it will run only on the other node. All nodes have 2 CPUs and the licensing the customer has is a CPU based license.

A simple pointer to the relevant docs would be helpful enough.

Thanks for all efforts,

/Gerold Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 07:05:20 CST