Deleted dataafile ORA-01122 Error

From: Ken Holland <kholland_at_CentennialCorp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:40:30 -0500

Greetings and I apologize if this seems rudimentary. Situation - A consultant trying to recover disk space on a training server deleted the datafile for one of the application data areas. Of course I don't have a backup because this is a training machine. I copied another datafile into the location of the deleted one but now I'm getting invalid header/not right datafile errors.

I believe the answer will be to mark the tablespace the file belonged to offline but I can't get to the point where my STARTUP options will let me do anything. When I try to mount the DB the corrupted/missing file makes it fail. NOMOUNT and it won't let me modify the tablespace. Any help is appreciated

Ken Holland
DIR IT
Centennial Communications NJ Received on Mon Mar 15 2004 - 09:40:30 CST