Re: Stored Procedure Problem

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:00:33 +0000

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:20:38 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>John De Lello wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure I understand what you are saying.
>> How would I modify the OPEN to allow a variable in the WHERE then?
>
>What you wrote is:
>TYPE cur_GetGroupSids IS REF CURSOR
>in your package header
>
>What you wrote in the procedure is:
>OPEN resultcursor FOR
>
>I am suggesting you do something like this:
>OPEN cur_GetGroupSids IS
>
>In other words open the REF CURSOR ... not the TYPE.

 I think you've got something confused here Daniel. cur_GetGroupSids IS the TYPE, what he wrote (and what you wrote he wrote...) is already opening the REF CURSOR variable (which is an OUT parameter), and not the type.

 'OPEN <cursor type> IS' isn't valid syntax at all, surely?

>Take a look at this demo:
>http://www.psoug.org/reference/ref_cursors.html
>
>Note the example labeled "Child Procedure".

 CHILD and PARENT are both in a certain view you have posted about more than once ;-) And no bind variables?

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>