Re: oracle on an stand-alone pc

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:37:40 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Hans Forbrich wrote:
>

>> Haven't tried it yet - can you use iSQLPLUS or any of the other
>> OHS-based capabilities in standalone without the TCP subsystem?

> Yes.

Fascinating.

I'd always thought Apache could only receive HTTP requests originating over TCP/IP (even though the HTTP protocol is not restricted to TCP).

And Windows needs one of (dial-up, loopback adapter, and/or physical adapter) to get the TCP/IP subsystem.

Back to the books, I guess ...
/Hans Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 18:37:40 CST