Re: oracle on an stand-alone pc

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:03:17 -0800

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Silly of me - I was thinking of the 9iAS install which needs the TCP/IP
> subsystem. (And, more recently, should have DNS to support FQDNs.)

Well I haven't made any foolish mistakes in the last 15 minz so I'm feeling pretty gooooood.

> Haven't tried it yet - can you use iSQLPLUS or any of the other
> OHS-based capabilities in standalone without the TCP subsystem?

Yes.

>> Anyway ... lifting the CPU over your head for 200 reps will be
>> plenty of exercise methinks.
>>

> I've got a spare full-height tower here if anyone wants to try Daniel's
> exercise plan. I've found that the tower & the plan is incompatible
> with my middle-tier (or is that middle-tyre). I'm still struggling with
> 50 reps using a pair of light-weight clients.
>
> /Hans

I carried by NetApp from one end of the room to the other and that was as much exercise as I could handle for the week. They build those things like they are hardened for dropping out of airplanes.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu