Re: OEM product (s) which are equivalent to IWatch

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:11:10 GMT

Roger Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not familar with OEM and I'm trying to determine
> which Oracle Enterprise Manager product or products are equivalent to
> IWatch from Quest Software.
>
> Specifically looking at OEM Release 2(9.2), not 10g Release 1 (10.1)
>
> Can somebody help?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Roger.

I just purchased Quests Spotlight for one instance, not sure what IWatch is supposed to do though.

What is it exactly that you are looking to do? OEM is pretty powerfull as far as monitoring events etc.. and there is a free tutorial of sorts for it on Oracles site, as well as demos that come with your Oracle software, that'll give you a better idea than I can at this point. I use OEM to monitor and e-mail me for various events, such as instance shutdowns, space monitoring etc.. and it works very well for that.

hth Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 12:11:10 CST